Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Pinning in the Library

I have been having fun playing with Pinterest lately.  I've created lots of pinboards to organize my own interests.  One of my boards is labeled Library and I pin all the great display ideas, funny or pithy quotes, and other library related items I find on that board.  Then when we're talking about such things at work, I can actually find them again to show my co-workers because they're all in one handy place.
Something I've noticed (and love) is the number of libraries that are creating Pinterest accounts and using the boards to showcase displays, events, and booklists.  Very, very cool.  If you want to browse these library accounts go to Pinterest, search for "libraries" and limit your search to "People."
Over at the RA for All blog, Becky has written a couple of posts about using Pinterest in the library.  I'll try any tool that will help connect people with books they'll love. 

No comments:

Post a Comment