Over the summer ALA and Overdrive conducted a survey of library users to find out what they're thinking and doing about books, eBooks, and libraries. Check the survey out here.
Just a few highlights:
* Over 75,000 people participated in the survey, the most (6005) were from New York state.
* More than half of the eBook readers visit their physical library every month.
* eBook borrows are also eBook buyers.
* 35% of respondents said they had purchased a book (physical or digital) after borrowing the book from the library.
* 57.5% (37,357 respondents) say they have discovered new books to read through their public libraries. (Go Readers' Advisory!!)